Hydrogeological and geochemical studies to support the EIA for the expansion of Collahuasi Phase III. The following activities were carried out:
- Establish the hydrogeochemical baseline of the sites for the new dumps.
- Evaluate environmental impacts in terms of potential DAR generation of dumps.
- Define a plan for monitoring and controlling the potential impacts of dumps.
- Refining program for geochemical and hydrogeological characterization of dumps and cracks.
- Numerical models to determine flow rates and drainage qualities of dumps and pits and their impact on the environment.