We are looking to appoint a junior consultant/early-stage scientist in our Barcelona office. You will be joining a highly specialized and resourceful group of modellers working to provide solutions to a diverse range of environmental problems in geosciences. You will be working in mathematical modelling of coupled flow and solute transport processes in porous media. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally through collaboration with highly specialised colleagues in a friendly working atmosphere.
The main activities of the successful candidate will be:
- the analysis of complex data sets for pre-processing of numerical models,
- the development of numerical models of flow and transport in porous media using a variety of specialized software,
- the postprocessing of modelling results for their analysis and synthesis,
- the preparation of written reports
- The candidate should hold a bachelor’s and a MSc degree in physics, mathematics, engineering, geology, or related disciplines,
- Knowledge and skills in quantitative research and numerical modelling,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Ability to synthesize complex technical and scientific information,
- Critical thinking,
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g., Python, FORTRAN, C++)
- Fluent written/verbal communication in English.
We offer a full position, 40h per week, with a competitive salary according to the merits of the candidate.
AMPHOS21 Consulting S.L. is a leading company in Research and Innovation in Applied Geosciences in Europe. It provides scientific and technical consultancy services addressing a range of environmental issues, mainly associated with the management and disposal of hazardous wastes, contaminated groundwater and soils as well as environmental planning and management. The main output is the expert advice to national geological agencies and regulators, along with industrial innovation. Amphos21 counts on a team of more than 40 highly qualified professional specialized in scientific and technical disciplines related to geosciences.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org