We are looking to appoint a Junior Consultant to work as a Subsurface Flow and Transport Modeller in our Barcelona office. You will be joining a multicultural group of modellers working in the characterisation of flow and transport processes in porous and fractured media. You will be working in a broad range of projects related to numerical modelling in the context of environmental applications. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow professionally through collaboration with highly specialised colleagues.
The main activities of the successful candidate will be:
- Develop, validate and deploy numerical models of flow and transport in porous media and sparsely fractured rocks applied to the nuclear waste storage, mining, water resources, oil and gas and energy.
- Pre-process, visualise and post-process complex spatial data-sets.
- Customise numerical codes.
- Assist and advice the clients in interpreting the results.
- Summarise the work in technical reports and/or academic journals.
We offer a full position, 40h per week, with a competitive salary according to the merits of the candidate.
- You have a MSc in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or similar. Background in hydrogeology or geosciences is a plus.
- You have good skills in programming with Python and C++. Other programming languages, such as Fortran and MATLAB, and numerical simulation codes such as COMSOL, PHREEQC and PFLOTRAN are a plus.
- You have experience with numerical modelling. Experience with modelling applied to flow and transport phenomena (e.g. CFD modelling, hydrogeological modelling, etc.) is a plus.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are fluent in Spanish and English.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to:
Orlando Silva (email@example.com) and,
Paolo Trinchero (firstname.lastname@example.org)
With a Cc to:
Human resources head
Natalia Luengo, email@example.com