We are looking to appoint a junior consultant/early-stage scientist in our Barcelona office. You will be joining a group of consultants working in the development of software applications, IT solutions, and numerical algorithms applied to geosciences. You will be working in a broad range of projects related to numerical modelling and applied technologies in the context of environmental applications. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow professionally through collaboration with highly specialised colleagues.
The main activities of the successful candidate will be:
· Develop, validate, and deploy numerical algorithms for the resolution of coupled PDE/ODE/ADE systems
· Pre-process, visualise and post-process complex spatial data-sets.
· Customise numerical codes.
· Development of technical software and IT solutions.
· Summarise the work in technical reports and/or academic journals.
We offer a full position, 40h per week, with a competitive salary according to the merits of the candidate.
· You have a MSc in Applied Mathematics, Physics, IT Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar.
· You have good skills in programming, and you know different programming languages.
· You have some experience implementing numerical methods and algorithms (FEM, Finite Differences, Finite Volumes, …) and/or using multiphysics software (Fenics, OpenFoam, Kratos, …)
· You have good oral and written communication skills.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.